A three hour session for front facing staff employed on security duties. A maximum of 12 learners. An awareness certificate will be issued for the successful completion of this course
The conflict management course is designed for front facing staff dealing with large numbers where conflicts maybe become a risk assessed hazard. The course is designed to inform staff of the signs of escalation and deal with these effectively. More importantly the basic interpretation of the requirements of lawful actions.
The course is made up of theoretical and practical sessions delivered by the Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme. A range of subjects are covered including:
• Conflict Management Learning Outcomes
• What is conflict?
• Understand the concept of managing conflict through communication
• What can inhibit good communication?
• Recognise and understand how your body can be effected by adrenalin.
• To be able to apply a basic diffusion strategy.
• Have a basic understanding of Law within the Use of Force.
• Understand what the Use of Force is.
• To understand how the DMP can be applied to a Conflict situation
• To identify vulnerable body areas and medical implications of them.
• Deliver a simple break away technique if needed to (Can be removed if required).
• Deliver a defensive strike if needed to, in protecting yourself against an imminent violent attack (Can be removed if required).
A maximum of 12 learners per session.
An awareness certificate will be issued on successful completion.